Sunday, June 04, 2006

riot and rally


i have been reading other blogs. i am not so sure that i like what goes on. actually my feelings are much stronger than that. there are some blogs that are good. but not many. there are some that have intermitten good things amongst what is otherwise bullshit. but i really don't respect these blogs that are little tid-bits from people's lives. these shit-eating observations. nobody reads my blog so i don't need to worry about entertaining anyone... but i sure as shit know that if i had to worry about an audience i would not be trying to amaze them with a play by play of anything mildly interesting that happens in my day to day. NO PLAY BY PLAY OF DAY TO DAY. that is in the same school as reality television and other horrid ass nut slut delivery liquid. why can't people get creative? throw some topics up for discussion. wax poetic, ha eat a penis. why are quasi-honest accounts of our eccentricities and supposed coolness part of the winning format? why this need to show what we are all about through the recounting of daily events? now that i have had some perusal time... blogging seems like all the other shit that i have chosen to hate. just a bunch of narcissistic, celebrity loving, hipster moron, culture douche garbage. there isn't really anywhere to turn. People magazine and the E channel are everywhere, crushing my soul. so all you snooty bloggers and everyone that likes everything that i dislike. go fuck yourselves. this medium has potential, but from what i have seen... it blows. but who the fuck really cares. the system is not about integrity or quality, it is about fetishistic enjoyment. carve those trendy little niche holes. maybe i'm jealous, but as far as my self-awareness is telling me... i just don't respect the petty detail sharing. so eat balls.

and

get mad please.

3 comments:

johnny maudlin said...

What the fuck would you call what you just wrote? Is it something other than what you are reading on other blogs?

Or just a fairly transparent alternative form of navel gazing? You imply, with what you've written, that you have something unique to offer.

So offer it.

keith said...

very good. i don't sense true anger... seems to be annoyance, as though you take me to be a standard hypocrite. i will direct you to the rest of my blog. the rest of my posts are the only offerings i have to share in this medium. if you think that my offerings, the rest of the posts on my blog, are in the same category of play-by-play day-to-day that i am criticizing... then your annoyance is justified. and i would willingly bow to your criticism... following some expounding as to how i did in fact fit the mold that i was bad-mouthing.

as far as the bad-mouthing post itself, i do not think that the post was the recounting of any tid-bits from my day. i think it was a synthesis of various key points in observations that led me to a general negative reaction. i am trying to address a general issue, not highlight my day. i didn't say that i was reading some blogs and i hated it while my friend messaged me and my dog licked the peanut butter off my dong. not to mention that if some insanely interesting event takes place during your day then feel free to share it. my problem is that obviously intelligent people are willing to give the inane details of their lives instead of using their intellects to post insights. i am not claiming to be any sort of authority or claiming that my insights are interesting, i am merely issuing a complaint that relates to the overall voyeuristic tendencies of our culture. fuck vicarious living. we are in dire need of intellectual stimulation.

johnny maudlin said...

OK Biped, now that you have clarified all of that, I feel much better and will read your blog more throroughly.

I tell you what I find hopeful in the blogosphere:

1) that folks can write at ALL, particularly younger folk, because I was under the impression young folk were too busy with body piercing and anxiety attacks to read OR write. I was wrong.

2) I forget

On a more positive and encouraging note: I think you have some funniness in your mind. I think it's good to share funniness, because the world is not only filled with too much superficial concern with the superficial, it is too empty of funniness...

Peanut butter on your dong, indeed. Got to go now, the dog is waiting....